|The Yachting Museum has its home in the former stable block. The many boats and other historic memorabilia have been collected through the last twenty years.
In 1996 the museum opened its doors to the public, invited by Baron Iuel-Brockdorff, who, with his long standing interest in yachting, himself donated several important items. His Royal Highness Prince Henrik, the Prince Consort, is patron of the museum.
Here can be seen the Firefly dinghy "Bess", designed by Uffa Fox, in which the world famous Paul Elvström, winner of four Olympic gold medals and innumerable world- and European championships, won his first gold at Cowes in 1948. This Firefly was donated by Anders and Ulla Sandberg, England.
Please notice that this museum has special opening hours.
Further information: www.lystsejlads.dk
Mobile phone: +45 40427811